British Values is taught through some stand- alone lessons as well as being delivered through our Core Learning curriculum
|Core Learning||Jigsaw||British Values|
|Learning With Others||Relationships
|Being Me in My World
Rules of Law
|Becoming Better Learners||Dreams and Goals
|Knowing Me, Knowing You||Celebrating Difference
|Tolerance of those of
different Faiths and
|Speaking and Listening||
Democracy (Pupil voice)
- Have elections for School Council representatives which are undertaken in each class.
- Pupil voices are heard by voting within Class Council meetings and the School Council.|
- School Council takes issues back to class for discussion in weekly Learning Forums
- Every class draws up their own Class Contract
- The School Council chooses a focus to discuss with the Head Teacher.
- Children voice their views in questionnaires.
- Children lead Family Learning Conferences
- Visits from MPs/ Local Councillors
The Rules of Law (Understanding why)
- Have visits from authorities – Police, Firefighters etc. to reinforce the importance of Laws.
- Promote positive behaviour throughout the school
- Have class rules
- Have Golden Rules embedded with our school values
- Visit to Parliament
Individual Liberty: (Freedom to be who we are)
- Provide our children with a safe and supportive environment in which to make choices safely.
- Endorse E-Safety
- Have a PSHE Curriculum
- Offer a variety of extra-curricular activities and opportunities
Mutual Respect: (Valuing the views of everyone)
- Present values VIP certificates
- Participate in RE lessons
- Visits from people from a variety of professions/ charities/ communities
- Home/ School agreement
Tolerance of those of different Faiths and Beliefs:
(Valuing the views/ culture/ faiths of everyone)
- RE Curriculum
- PSHE (SMSC) Curriculum