Our School App Stay connected on the go...
At Barton Hill Academy we believe that the wearing of a school uniform enables children to identify with their school, gives a sense of belonging, is practical and smart, reinforces a positive work ethos and reduces expenditure for parents/carers.
- All children wear the correct uniform to school
- Children feel proud to belong to the school
- Parents/carers share the expectations of the school Guidelines
It is expected that children wear the school uniform each day, with the appropriate footwear. The uniform policy will be provided to parents/carers at the initial meeting before their child starts school.
Second-hand items are available via the school office at prices to be agreed and are washed and put on sale on the Friday or the penultimate week of each term.
If lost property is not claimed by the end of each term it will be recycled.
If a child does not wear the correct uniform, a verbal or written reminder of our expectations will be communicated to the parents/carers
If a child arrives at school wearing inappropriate clothing which causes concern (e.g. unsuitable for the weather, too revealing, offensive/unsuitable slogans, etc) then the school will provide uniform for the child to wear for the day and the parents will be contacted to bring in suitable uniform.
PE kit should be kept in school all week and only taken home at weekends for washing.
If a child does not have their PE kit in school, a verbal or written reminder of our expectations will be communicated to the parents/carers
Parents/carers are asked to clearly label every item of school clothing with their child’s name.
The children are responsible for taking care of their own items of uniform.
If there is any reason why a child cannot wear our uniform or requires special dispensation (eg health or religious grounds) then the governors will consider sympathetically any such request from a parent/carer.
Uniform consists of:
- Grey or Black trousers, skirt or pinafore
- White or Red polo shirt preferably with school logo (available online or from the school office)
- Checked/striped red/white summer school dress
- Red school jumper or cardigan with school logo (available online or from the school office)
- Black, white or grey socks
- Black school shoes (no trainers, football boots, heelies, high heels, open toed sandals)
- Hijabs must be black/white or red and shoulder-length with no patterns or sparkles (available from the school office)
Embroidered book bags, sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts and iron-on name labels can be ordered online directly from 'My Clothing'.
Their website link is: https://myclothing.com/barton-hill-academy/5916.school
- Stud earrings only for pierced ears
- No other jewellery
- Long hair (past top of shoulder) must be tied back. Children without their hair tied back will be given hair ties.
P.E. Kit consists of:
- Plain white or red, round-necked T-shirt
- Plain black shorts, leggings or skort
- Trainers or daps (football boots may be brought in for games on the field only and should be in a separate bag)
P.E. kit must be brought in on a Monday and remain in school all week. All items of uniform or kit must be named.