Our School App Stay connected on the go...
British Values is taught through some stand- alone lessons as well as being delivered through our Core Learning curriculum
|Core Learning||Jigsaw||British Values|
|Learning With Others||Relationships
|Being Me in My World
Rules of Law
|Becoming Better Learners||Dreams and Goals
|Knowing Me, Knowing You||Celebrating Difference
|Tolerance of those of
different Faiths and
|Speaking and Listening||
Democracy (Pupil voice)
- Have elections for House Captains and School Parlament representatives which are undertaken within houses and classes.
- Pupil voices are heard by voting within Rights Respecting meetings and the School Parliament as well as having pupil voices boxes around the school, linked to the rights respecting articles of the term.
- Rights Respecting council takes issues back to class for discussion in fornightly forums.
- Every class draws up their own Class Contract
- The School Parlament chooses a focus to discuss with the Head Teacher.
- Children voice their views in questionnaires.
- Visits from MPs/ Local Councillors
The Rules of Law (Understanding why)
- Have visits from authorities – Police, Firefighters etc. to reinforce the importance of Laws.
- Promote positive behaviour throughout the school
- Have class rules
- Have core behaviours embedded with our school values
- Visit to Parliament
Individual Liberty: (Freedom to be who we are)
- Provide our children with a safe and supportive environment in which to make choices safely.
- Endorse E-Safety
- Have a PSHE Curriculum
- Offer a variety of extra-curricular activities and opportunities
Mutual Respect: (Valuing the views of everyone)
- Present values certificates
- Participate in RE lessons
- Visits from people from a variety of professions/ charities/ communities
- Home/ School agreement
Tolerance of those of different Faiths and Beliefs:
(Valuing the views/ culture/ faiths of everyone)
- RE Curriculum
- PSHE (SMSC) Curriculum